Calendar of Events – Term 4 2018
Monday – Tuesday Group
|Monday 15th October||1st day of Term 4 for 2 day groups|
|Tuesday 23rd October||Grandparents Day 8.15-10am|
|Monday 29th October||Orientation for new 2019 families – Possum class|
|Tuesday 30th October||Orientation for new 2019 families- Possum class|
|Monday 5th November||Orientation for new 2019 families – Wombat class|
|Tuesday 6th November||Orientation for new 2019 families – Wombat class|
|Tuesday 11th December||Wombats singalong and picnic lunch 12pm – 1pm|
|Monday 17th December||Possum singalong and picnic lunch 12pm – 1pm|
|Tuesday 18th December||Party day and last day of Term 4 for 2 day groups|
Wednesday – Friday group
|Wednesday 17th October||1st Day of Term 4 for 3 day groups|
|Thursday 25th October||Grandparents Day 8.15-10am|
|Wednesday 31st October||Orientation for new 2019 families – Koala class|
|Thursday 1st November||Orientation for new 2019 families – Koala class|
|Wednesday 7th November||Orientation for new 2019 families – Kookaburra class|
|Friday 14th December||Kookaburra singalong and picnic lunch 12pm – 1pm|
|Wednesday 19th December||Koala singalong and picnic lunch 12pm – 1pm|
|Thursday 20th December||Party day and last day of Term 4 for 3 day groups|
Other Term 4 Events
|Wednesday 21st November||Information night for new families 7-8.30pm|
|Sunday 2nd December||CPCK Christmas Disco (held at Collaroy Plateau Public School Hall) 3.30-6pm|
Term Dates 2018
Term 1: Tuesday 30th January to Friday 13th April 2018
Term 2: Monday 30th April to Friday 6th July 2018
Term 3: Monday 23rd July to Friday 28th September 2018
Term 4: Monday 15th October to Thursday 20th December 2018
* On 2nd December we held our annual Christmas disco at Collaroy Plateau Public School Hall. Santa visited and handed out ice blocks which were greatly appreciated on such a hot day. Families enjoyed the catered food, and everyone enjoyed the afternoon with their fellow preschool families and had the chance to chat to the preschool staff. DJ Kit Kat provided the entertainment and parents helped with face painting the children. It was a great afternoon enjoyed by all, even a very hot Santa.
* During 2018 we held a Mothers Morning, Fathers Morning and Grandparents Morning, in line with the official days for Mum’s, Dad’s and Grandparent’s Days. We also visited Plateau View Aged Care Facility to sing to the aged citizens, and present them with hand-made gifts, and flowers. Both the children and the elderly residents enjoyed the morning.
*As part of Reconciliation week, Aboriginal elder, Uncle Laurie visited and began carving a Stingray totem on one of our rocks at preschool. He welcomed us to Guringai land, answered the children’s questions, demonstrated how to make ochre paint which helped us connect to the earth and he showed us beautiful wooden artefacts. Uncle Laurie visited for 2 days to allow all the children to experience the carving, and once completed, we held a Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony. All the families were invited and we celebrated with damper and bush jams.
The stingray totem also known as daringyan means that the Guringai people in this area took care of these giant rays and never ate them- a great way to preserve the natural balance as different clans took care of different totems.
* On Sunday 3rd June 2018, CPCK held its Annual Open Day. The rain held off for most of the morning allowing the families who attended the opportunity to see what the preschool offered, and how the preschool differed from a Long Day Care Facility. The community spirit was evident with current families also in attendance to meet with future families, and run a cake stall (selling cakes made by some of our current families) which raised some funds for the preschool. The day was also a great opportunity to meet and talk to the staff, see the centre, and allow children who will attend in 2019 and future years the opportunity to become familiar with the centre.
* We held our 2018 Annual General Meeting and Family Welcome BBQ on Friday 23rd February 2018. Families were able to meet others in their child’s class, as well as the staff. The evening started with our Annual General Meeting, and election of new Management Committee members. Nominations for all positions were received before the night, which ensured all positions on the committee filled and were announced at the AGM. The fine weather helped make it an enjoyable evening.
* During 2017, the Mum’s, Dad’s and Grandparent’s of the children attending our preschool visited for morning tea, to play, and to sing a long with the children. We also visited the local aged care facility and gave the residents some presents made by the children and flowers. We sang some songs which the residents loved and they were able to join in with the songs they knew. A sportsathon was also held for group where family and friends came along to cheer on the preschool children. At the end of the event, we held a medal ceremony for all the children, and many family and friends stayed to enjoy a picnic lunch with the children.
* We held our annual Christmas Disco in early December 2017 at Collaroy Plateau Public School Hall. The evening included a DJ, a visit from Santa who gave out bags of lollies to the children, ice blocks, face painting, tattoos. A Mexican dinner was enjoyed by the families who had a great time talking to other preschool families, and the children enjoyed spending some time dancing and having fun with their classmates.
* On Sunday 20th August, CPCK held its Annual Open Day. It was a great opportunity for future families to come along and see the preschool, as well as meet and talk to staff, Management Committee members, current families, and families who may be attending in future years. A cake stall and BBQ were held to help raise funds for the preschool.
* CPCK held their Annual General Meeting and Family Welcome BBQ on Friday 24th February 2017. The BBQ was held to welcome families to the preschool and allowed families to meet others in their child’s class, others attending the preschool in 2017, and also meet the staff. The great weather helped make it a great evening. Parents were elected at our AGM to be part of the 2017 Management Committee at CPCK. More information about the Management Committee can be found on our Management Committee Page.
* A Family Christmas Disco was held in November 2016 at Collaroy Plateau Public School Main Hall. The afternoon included a DJ, lots of dancing, face painting, glow sticks, tattoos, ice blocks and a visit from Santa. Dinner was delicious and provided by ‘ Brazilian BBQ Catering’. After talking to the children and handing out lollies, Santa also enjoyed a bit of dancing. Many families commented on what a great time they had. The staff had lots of fun too.
* CPCK held it’s Annual Open Day on Sunday 28th August 2016. Beautiful weather contributed to a great morning for parents whose children who will be attending in 2017, for those on our waitlist for future years, and for parents looking for a preschool for their child in the future, to come along and experience everything CPCK has to offer and to meet the staff. Current and past families also came along and talked to future preschool parents about their perspective of the preschool. A small cake stall held on the day raised $102 for CLAN (Caring and Living As Neighbours), an Australian-based, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation.
* The children who attended CPCK in 2015 and headed of to school in 2016 were invited back to preschool on 9th March 2016 for an afternoon tea to reconnect with their teachers and educators, and their preschool friends. Parents were also able to catch up with the parents from 2015. This has always been an event much loved by the children, with many asking their parents again and again when they can come back to preschool for a visit. The staff also loved catching up with the children they taught in 2015, as well as older siblings, many of who they taught in previous years.
* CPCK held its 2016 Annual General Meeting on Friday 4th March followed by a Welcome BBQ for all families attending the preschool in 2016. Families were invited to come along and meet other families and the staff of CPCK. A sausage sizzle was provided by the preschool. Great weather contributed to an enjoyable evening allowing parents to meet other parents, and the children to further their friendships. Parents volunteered at our AGM to be part of the Management Committee of CPCK. More information about the Management Committee can be found on our Management Committee page.
* A Family Christmas Disco was held in late November at Collaroy Plateau Public School Main Hall. The afternoon included a DJ playing great music, lots of dancing, face painting, glow sticks, tattoos, and a visit from Santa. Dinner was delicious Paella provided by ‘ The Paella Catering’. After talking to the children and handing out lollies, Santa also enjoyed a bit of dancing. Many families commented on what a great time they had. The staff had lots of fun too.
* Children also visited Plateau View aged care facility to give the gift of a drawing and fresh flowers to each of the residents to ‘put a smile on their face’. The children sang ‘Puff the magic dragon’ with the senior citizens – a song that both young and old had learnt specifically for the purpose of singing together.
* CPCK held an Open Day on Sunday 2nd August 2015. It was a great opportunity for families whose children will attend in 2016, and families who are considering enrolling their child(ren) at our kindergarten, to experience the preschool atmosphere while meeting teachers ,educators and staff. There were parents from the preschool management committee also in attendance who provided a parental perspective to new families. Current preschool children who visited had a fun weekend day at preschool.
* CPCK held its 2015 Annual General Meeting on Friday 6th March followed by a Welcome BBQ for all families attending the preschool in 2015. Families were invited to come along and meet other families and the staff of CPCK. A sausage sizzle was provided by the preschool. Great weather contributed to an enjoyable evening allowing parents to meet other parents, and the children to further their friendships.
* In December we held our Christmas Sing-along afternoons followed by lunch for each class. The Christmas sing-along days were interactive and focused on the children’s interests and enthusiasm. Each group of 20 children produced an individual presentation of song, dance, music and… hula hooping for some. Thank you to the wonderfully supportive audience, the talented children and the committed teachers and educators.
* CPCK was part of a display at Dee Why Library showcasing preschools. This display was collaboratively created and presented by 8 local community preschools.
* CPCK also installed a native bee hive with the purpose of teaching the children about pollination, food production and the opportunity of learning a little about how each of us can help the natural environment. They are of the Australian native social bee ‘Tetragonula Carbonaria’ species. These native bees do not sting and are available from http://www.permaculturenorthernbeaches.org.au.
* In September 2014, we celebrated our 60th anniversary. Click here for more about the day.